What are the signs and symptoms of fatty liver?

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in General Health
Question: how can i tell if i have fatty liver
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its not symptomatic unless it causes corrhosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history you have shared, Let me clarify that it's not symptomatic at earlier stages unless the liver starts to grow in size initially and may be picked on abdominal examination by a doctor but in advanced stages when cirrhosis sets in, it may present with distinct features like webs formation in chest, or dilated tortuous blood vessels in belly, or abdominal distention due to fluid and yellow eyes and red palms etc but it's in much later stages.

It's better to restrict fat content and include excercises as essential part of daily routine. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin