What are the signs and symptoms of estrogen hormone imbalance post menopause?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I HAVE BEEN HAVING WEIRD THINGS HAPPENING TO ME I AM 54 FEMALE GOING OR HAS BEEN THROUGH MENAPAUSE,GOT ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, SLEEP PROPLEMS DROOLING AND OR EITHER WOKEN BY MY HUSBAND SAYING IM SNORING REALLY LOUD, MY THROAT IS SOMETIMES STUCK TOGETHER, HAVE ALSO HAD ORAL THRUSH TWICE,IM WORRIED
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
HRT might help

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Symptoms you have mentioned appear during menopausal transition. This happens mainly due to estrogen hormone deficiency.

You need to start hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to improve the side effects of this menopausal transition.

You are likely to see improvement with this.

Let me know if you need any more clarification.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 20 hours later
are you sure i feel awful
Answered by Dr. Soumya 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Start HRT

Detailed Answer:

I am sure it is perimenopausal transition.

Start HRT and see. It will make a difference.
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Hi I have been on hrt a few years ago, came off it because it was giving me severe migranes which i never had before, numbness, vision disturbances, the worst was the constant anxiety and sobbing and feeling rubbish all the time.

kind regards
XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 5 minutes later
sorry ment to mention had an operation recently for basilcell carcinoma on my nose.

any advice
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Start HRT briefly

Detailed Answer:

Start HRT briefly for a limited time and lower dose than before. This will help to overcome present problems and also minimise side effects like last time.

Let me know if you need anymore help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T