Owl Image

What are the signs and symptoms of angina?

Owl Image
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Question
Approx 9 years ago it was identified that My heartbeats were not rhythmic ( because of thickness of valve). Not sure of medical term. Doctor suggested Selekon XL 25 and ecospirin 75 but it was not continued.
Recently when I got My Lipid profile, found my cholesterol levels to be 242 with triglycerides at 197.
Yesterday during evening I was having mild pain on left side of chest and on left arm while watching TV. Day before yesterday also had mild pain. Today Morning also I felt having mild pain. Based on purpose of previously prescribed medicines, I took Seloken XL 25 after breakfast and ecospirin 75 after lunch. I suspect it tobe Angina pain. Do I need to get admitted or change the medicines and dosage only. Waiting for a quick response.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that the symptoms which you are experiencing are suggestive of Angina.

YES you definately need cardiac evaluation. Few basic tests will be required like

1. ECG
2. Echocardiography
3. Cardiac enzymes levels

Along with that probably your cardiologist can also advise you to get one Angiography done to rule out any coronary artery disease.

I hope this information will be helpful and will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap