• question-icon

What are the signs and symptoms of anaemia?

Posted on Fri, 20 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: What is the treatment for relieving the symptoms of anemia - i.e. Chills, aches, dizziness, exhaustion?
Answered by Dr. Maheshwari 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
First type of anemia should be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to the HCM.
Thankyou for your question.
Dear as anemia is treatable and all the symptoms related to anemia can be alleviated after treatment.
Now the question is that what type of anemia your wife has.As you told that she has been prescribed iron supplements.So it could be iron deficiency anemia.But if you could tell me her recent CBC report ;then it would be more clear for me.
Still iron deficiency anemia can be treared with iron supplements and proper nutrition .The food stuff which can increase iron in blood are apples,beetroot,mutton;red meat,liver,pomegranate,green vegetables etc and if these food stuffs will be taken with vitamin C like lemon and citrus fruits then the absorption of iron would be good enough.
What your wife has syptoms like chills,dizziness and exhaustion could be due to moderate to severe anemia ,but first I would like to know the C.B.C report to evaluate the type and level of anemia.
Hopefully my answer will be helpfull for you,I will be happy to help you more.
regards,
Dr.Maheshwari
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Maheshwari