• question-icon

What are the signs and symptoms of a dissociative disorder?

Posted on Fri, 12 May 2017 in Mental Health
Question: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT HAVING DISSOCIATIVE IDENTITY DISORDER IS THE MORE EVOLVED HUMAN BECAUSE THE BRAIN AND THOUGHTS CAN CHANGE BLOOD PRESSURE IN EACH IDENTITY WHEN ALL THESE DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES ACTUALLY MEET CAN OUR BRAIN EVOLVE INTO A STRONGER AND SMARTER PERSONALITY? A MORE EVOLVED HUMAN SINCE WE KNOW ONLY A MINUTE PERCENT OF WHAT OUR BRAIN CAN BE CAPABLE OF DOING. THE PROOF OF THE LAW OF ATTRACTION PROVES THIS I BELIEVE. THE UNHARMED OR PERSON THAT NEVER DEALT WITH TRAUMA IS WEAK AND NOT AS INTELLIGENT TO CHANGE IN THEIR ENVIRONMENT TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM MORE TRAUMA. ITS PROVEN WHEN THAT 2 PERSONALITIES CAN BE OUT AT THE SAME TIME WHILE ONE IS WRITING WITH THEIR LEFT HAND AND THE OTHER WITH THEIR RIGHT WITH COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HANDWRITING AND TALKING TO EACH OTHER IN CONVERSATION. DO WE NOT KNOW HOW THE BRAIN CAN REALLY SAVE US INTO BECOMING MORE THAN NOT LESS THAN. OR ARE YOU NAIVE??????????????BECAUSE IM NOT?????
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dissociative identity disorder is rare to find

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from healthcaremagic.com

Dissociative Identity Disorder is a dissociative disorder and is not a common finding. Increased thoughts in brain results in increased metabolism and thus increases pressure of flow of blood in brain. In dissociative identity disorder if we go by definition two or more distinct personalities are seen. In rare situations the personalities meet. The metabolism could be more in brain but the thoughts will not be focussed in such case and this will not lead to any constructive output.

If the personalities meet and form a smarter personality then that would not be counted as dissociative personality or identity disorder.

Yes though who are subjected to life stresses are more intelligent and resistant compared to those who are not but that is not true in dissociative identity disorder.

One theory for psychopathogenesis states that significant life trauma or persistent stress lead to change in personality. That personality contain no memory to the traumatic past. So the shift in personality occurs (unconsciously) to avoid stress or conflicts in brain.

I am not aware of any person who has two distinct personalities at the same time. This would make diagnosis difficult and that might be labelled as having hallucinations.

Thanks. Take care

You are welcome to ask for more clarifications.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist