What are the signs and symptoms of Lyme disease?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Lump
Question: I was bitten by a tick about 6 weeks ago - I went to the closest emergency room - I had the large red rash- the Dr.there removed the tick & gave me antibiotics for 2 weeks-he told me to go to my Dr. In 6 weeks for the Lyme test . I did that yesterday - he told me " oh we don't do that ". My daughter lives in a very high tick area - she was furious when I told her - She's had 1st hand experience w/ aftermath consequences. How do I find someone that will per scribe the test . My husband died from complications of aftermath problems caused by Lyme disease! Don't know what to do . Please Help! April
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See next

Detailed Answer:
If you took antibiotic and there are no symptoms such as fever,headache and migratory oval rash or swollen lymph node then the risk for Lyme's is very low however it can't be ruled out for sure. it is surprising that they don't want the test. you should find epidemiology service in your place to take test or ask your GP where to do it. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad