What are the side effects of using the Fas 3 Kit?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Tue, 20 Jun 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi ...my partner took fas 3 kit ...after taking the afternoon dose at nite was feeling of vomiting and it's been two days the same vomit feeling is there ....are these side effects of the kit? Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it maybe side effect

Detailed Answer:
Hi

From your query it seems that your partner has taken azithromycin and secnidazole and is experiencing side effect of secnidazole.

Such triple combinations are not recommended. It covers all three types of germs namely bacteria (azithromycin), anaerobes and ameba (secnidazole) and fungus (fluconazole). This is not considered a good clinical practice.

I will suggest that your partner undergoes tests to detect which type of infection it is. After proper testing, proper management can be done.

Yes these medicines can have side effects. Some side effects like vomiting resolve in a few hours or days. Others can persist or maybe lifelong.

Drink cleaner water to wash out any medicine in your body.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 minutes later
I hope there is no pregnancy symptoms
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy symptoms happen after missing periods

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Pregnancy symptoms usually happen after missing periods. This vomiting started after 2 doses of fas-3 kit. So most probably its side effect.

If she missed period also, then please dont take any antibiotic. You can check it with urine pregnancy test. Its kits are available at most pharmacies.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad