What are the side effects of sniffing poppers?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi I recently took a sniff of poppers and I am very worried that I have hurt myself. I have only done it a handful of times will I be ok. It was a while ago and I have ocd and I am really worried. Please help

Thanks
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
consult Emergency department

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

Thank you for your query.

Excessive sniff of poppers may lead to side effects like ulceration of nose, giddiness, intoxication effects like disorientation, impaired concentration etc.
And due to all this you might have long term complications. So better is to consult at emergency department and do lavage if necessary.
How much amount of poppers you have and how many times?
For OCD you have to consult psychiatrist as there are many medication which helpful to you and also psychotherapy which helps you a lot.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you

Follow-up: What are the side effects of sniffing poppers? 25 minutes later
Hi not a lot I have maybe had a sniff of poppers twenty times in total. Over I would say 7 years. Am I going to be ok as I think my ocd makes it worse worrying and thinking something bad might happen to me? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
consult psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

sniffing poppers may not affect or worse your OCD but withdrawal effects of poppers sniffing or complication of it may feel like worsening of OCD.

so not to worry about it.

consult psychiatrist for OCD and Poppers related side effects or withdrawal.

Thank you