What are the side effects of sleeping pills?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Mental Health
Question: is it healthy taking sleeping pills all the time?

can chronic epidytimitis/orchialgia ever heal up?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Taking sleeping pills is very risky in long term

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries

I can understand your concern. Taking sleeping pills for long time results in deleterious effects on health. Commonly used sleeping pills are benzodiazepines or z-drugs. These drugs result in dependence and abrupt withdrawal after regular intake result in withdrawal which can occur as restlessness, tremors, insomnia, seizures, confusion to even delirium. So sleeping pills should be used for short periods of time only and that too under a proper supervision of a psychiatrist.

Yes chronic epididymitis can be treated, but treatment runs a long course. Antibiotics (broad spectrum) are given for about 4-6 weeks. With proper treatment symptoms reduce in severity and complete cure occurs. Visit a surgeon for permanent treatment.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad