What are the side effects of skin melanin surgery?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My name is XXXX i have a dusky complextion. I want to become fair but is it safe to undergo with skin melanin surgery to become fair... Any side effects after the surgery? Is this surgery vry expensive
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Relatively free of any side effects.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Madam,
I have read your query and understand your concern.

Skin whitening surgeries reduce the concentration of melanin in your skin by selective ablation of melanin producing melanocytes.

It is also known as skin bleaching plastic surgery.

Permanent skin lightening laser procedures are relatively free of side effects.

The procedures can cost around $ 2300 -6800.

They can be very expensive depending on the area of skin needed to be depigmented.

I hope this info is helpful to you.
Post your further queries on http://bit.ly/drsureshheijebu.
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 5 hours later
I want a permanent fair skin , permanent skin lightning layser seems good to me .. But from where I can get this treatment done... I stay in XXXXXXX .. plz doctor suggest me some place in XXXXXXX . How many sittings will be required for this treatment??
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
1-5sittings

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for writing back to me,

1 XXXXXXX Skin Clinic-Andheri East XXXXXXX
2.TRASI Cosmetology and Laser Center-TCLC ,Nariman Point XXXXXXX
3.Divine Skin Clinic-Parimal Garden XXXXXXX

It takes 1-5 sittings to be done in 3-6 months.
Thank you,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj