What are the side effects of recurrent and long term intake of Valtrex?

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Infections
Question: I received a negative igg hs2 test. I was exposed over 4 years ago but have been taking valtrex for the past two months and on and off for the past 4 years will that cause a negative result that is inaccurate?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no such effect

Detailed Answer:

there is no such effect that I've heard or read about.
IgG is supposed to remain positive for the rest of your life (if HSV diagnosis is certain). Since it's a very sensitive and specific test false negatives are not very common (but they may occur rarely). Valtrex is not connected to such a result though.

Kind Regards!