• question-icon

What are the side effects of overdose of Combiflam and Wikroyl?

Posted on Tue, 12 May 2015 in Drug Abuse
Question: Out of depression, my wife consumed 8 Combiflame tablets and 4 Wikroyl tablest about 5 hours before. She vomited once before half an hour. She is not feeling any pain for now. Please advise me ASAP as we can not visit doctor sooner.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothig serious comlication

Detailed Answer:

8 tablets of combiflam(ibuprofen) and 4 tablets of wickoryl will not cause any serious damage in 26 years female. Already 5 hours has been passed and one episode of vomiting and no serious problem is there. This means there will be no serious life threatening complication.

If you cant go to doctor, just ask her to induce more vomiting by drinking excess salty water.

After that if you have any antacid like ranitidine,famotidine, pentoprazole, rabeprazole take one tablet to prevent gastric burning.

After that try to drink plenty of water.

These measures will help to clear the drugs from the body.

And go to doctor as soon as time permits for evaluation and assurance.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.

Dr.Chntan Solanki.

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist