What are the side effects of oral contraceptive pills ?
From the history given, I can summarize that your last menstrual period was on 8th of August.
The bleeding on 16th August (day 9 of your current cycle) to 20th August (Day 13 of cycle) would coincide with the ovulatory phase of the cycle. Hence this would be considered as Breakthrough bleeding or spotting.
Break through bleeding or spotting is an abnormal uterine bleeding that occurs between menstrual periods, especially due to irregular sloughing of the endometrium in women on combined oral contraceptives.
Ovulation is induced by the surge of hormones, and this surge can sometimes cause shedding of the uterine lining, which is seen as spotting.
Hence the chances of you being pregnant are less likely, unless you have had unprotected sexual intercourse during this period.
The pregnancy tests that you have done, are also proof that you are currently not pregnant.
All the constellation of symptoms including the spotting, and feeling sick during the time of ovulation can be considered as side effects of the oral contraceptives that you are on. For your information, I have listed some important side effects that are common with the use of OCPs like XXXXXXX
The most common side effects of XXXXXXX and other oral contraceptives include
1. Menstrual irregularities, Spotting.
2. Premenstrual syndrome,
3 Headache, migraine,
4. Breast pain, tenderness or discomfort,
5. Nausea, vomiting and
5. Abdominal pain, Discomfort and / or tenderness.
Moving ahead I would recommend that you continue to take the oral contraceptive pills without fail and as previously scheduled. In addition you should without fail take the first pill on the first day of the cycle. (The first day of menstruation is day one).
You should expect your next period around the 5th of september.
I hope that the information given here answers your question effectively. Please feel free to consult me again if you have additional queries.
Thanks for the follow up,
Yes, if you have had no sexual intercourse, after the 8th of August, there is no chances of you being pregnant. There should be no doubt about it.
I hope this clarifies your doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Queries on oral contraceptive pills
- Types of oral contraceptive pills
- Side effect of Combined oral contraceptive pill
- Oral contraceptive pill side effects
- Althea oral contraceptive pills
- Oral contraceptive pills poisoning
- Side effects of althea oral contraceptive pills
- Oral contraceptive pills
- What are the side effects of oral contraceptive pills
- What are the recommended oral contraceptive pills
- Severe pneumonia,kidneys not functioning,cardiopulmonary arrest due to...
- Back,hip,knee,left leg pain
- Turp surgery,masturbated 5 days after surgery
- White dry lump on the penis. What is it?
- Rattled breathing,unable to clear throat,blocked,trouble...
- Strong throbbing feeling in middle of chest
- Dull pain below ribs, acid reflux, musculoskeletal pain, rib fracture
- Does very hot shower cause the breasts to get splotchy?
- What can be the cause for sweet smelling bowels during constipation in a...
- What is the reason for dropping BP with the pacemaker in the heart?