What are the side effects of nattokinase?
In the last several years, I have been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, borderline hypertension, borderline high cholesterol, and it has now been found that my left basillary artery in the brain has narrowed.
For high blood pressur I have taken naturopathic medicinal herbs, with have already lowered it from high to borderline level, without any adverse effects.
For the atrial fibriallation I am taking warfarin 2.5 mg once a day in the evening to prevent blood clots from forming in the blood vessels, with an INR steady between 2.0 and 3.0, the established therapeutic rate. To improve blood circulation to blood vessels including those in the brain and address inflamation, I also take 2 composite Turmeric and Bromolain capsules at 500 mg l 3 times a day, plus ginger which improves blood circulation to the peripheral blood vessels.
For the narrowed basillary artery in the brain diagnosed last Fall, one of my medical doctors now proposed for me to go on statin drugs to lower the borderline high cholesterol, which could result in lowering the cholesterol level and potentially address inflamation, and thereby address the narrowed basillary artery from catching any potential blood clot reaching that spot.
Unfortunately there are now at least three known adverse effects to statins, cognitive impairement, muscle pain and potential muscle injury, and calcium deposition in the blood vessels. - As I understand it, Warfarin only deals with the dissolution of plateles in the blood vessels to dissolve potential blood clots from forming. While Statin drugs address the lowering of Cholesterol levels and thereby contribute to lowering the potential of blood clots form reaching the narrowed Basillar Artery to "get stuck" and block it. That all does not address the accumulation of fibrinogens in the blood vessels that act as a net for platelets to accumulate.
However, considerable research has been done on Nattokinase, a Japanese naturopathic with considerable research done there and beginning research done in the US, a Japanese remedy of long standing with no adverse effects, which not only dissolves and prevents platelets from accumulating but also dissolves fibrinogens from accumulating, so that fibrinogens are dissolved and eleminated and that platelets are also dissolved and not caught in the fibrinogins to develop blood clots in the first place.
Therefore I am exploring Nattokinase and am looking for international/national research that provides information on appropriate dosages for dissolving the platelets and fibrinogens from accumulation and from generating blood clots in the first place . Do you know of international/national research studies and dosages applied to this effect?
Hope to hear from you shortly. Many thanks! XXXXXXX
more exhaustive research and study is required
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following are expected information:
1. Since much of the studies have been done outside human body which have shown the fibrinolytic effect of Natto but compared to same drug Aspirin the research inside human body is limited and requires further evaluation since there is not enough evidence to support the usage of nattokinase over other supplemental or pharmacological options.
2. Some of the research regarding the therapeutic effect of nattokinase is reviewed in following: . mwww.academicjournals.org
. examine.com › supplements › Nattokinase
. www.pcte.edu.in › jper › issues › paper-6
. www.sciencedirect.com › science › journal
. Natto white paper- scribd
. NATTOKINASE Scribd
PS. Since it is kmown to have blood thinning action thus should not be used with ongoing Warfarin for health concerns or until more documented research is done.
Consultant & Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats the side effects of ipills
- What are the side effects of forecox
- What is the side effect of piles
- What are the side effects of thiapril
- What are the side effects of dianabol
- Nattokinase side effects platelets
- What are the side effects of tilt
- What are the side effects of navidoxine
- What are the side effects of tripide
- What is biofenac and side effects
- Taking muesli extra capsule. Feeling drowsy. Is this due to medicine?
- Facing sweating, heat rashes and irritation at groin area in summer. How...
- Having stomach irritation with bad odour from sweat. Is there any relation?
- Can we clean our kidney by drinking cilantro juice?
- Digestion is very bad, having many dark spots and pimples. Suggest?
- Trying to conceive, tube blocked and other open. Had laproscopy for...
- Feeling lot of pain in heel and related muscles. Ayurvedic treatment?
- Taking ayurvedic medication. Planning to stop actiblok due to dill...
- Can home made cough syrup be used for 2 years old for cough and cold?
- Suffering with sensorineural hearing loss due to tumour behing both...