What are the side effects of multiple intake of emergency contraceptive pills?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Birth Control
Question: Can you take the Emergency Contraceptive Plan B 3 times within a month and a half without site effects?

And also what are the chances of getting pregnant a day after my period ended? When he pulled out?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about emergency contraceptive pill.

Following is my reply:

1) It is not advisable to take the emergency contraceptive pill 3 times in a month.

2) This would lead to irregular periods and delayed periods which will make you get confused with pregnancy.

3) There is no chance of pregnancy. Dont worry about it.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Soumya

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN