What are the side effects of moringa oleifera?
Is there any side effect to take Moringo oleifera for diabetes?
need some details
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and do let me know about following concerns for better understanding of your problem:
1. Duration of taking modern anti diabetes drug?
2. Present blood sugar level (both fasting and post prandial), HbA1c test
3. Any other associated features of diabetes: tingling numbness of limbs, ECG, high blood pressure, persistent cough,eye changes,lipid level,examination of feet done for peripheral pulses.?
4. How you want to take moringa as medicine: aqueous extract,powder,leaves?
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
2. Fasting - 100
PP - 150
3. None other disease is having with me.
4. I want advise from your end can I take?
moringa and its benefits and regualr follow up
Thanks for reverting back
1. Since moringa (sahijan) is
. bitter (tikta) in nature thus stimulate digestion
. astringent (kashaya) in taste thus improve FAT metabolism
2. Due to above synergistic Action it balances the"kapha" dosha which is responsible for diabetes.
3. It improves the secretion of Insulin involved in glucose metabolism when taken along with tinda (ivy gourd) & karela (bitter gourd)
PS. Moringa is best suited for people who are overweight/obese and have problem with digestion. If you are underweight (more or less) then take it in moderation or first consult with a local qualified Ayurveda Physician to know your "Prakriti" (body constitution) and then act.
4. If you can deduce yourself about your XXXXXXX then do let me know so that I can provide you regarding what PART of moringa you should take.
5. Inspite of taking above said drug you should keep following things in mind:
. check urine sugar, 2 hours after lunch (once a week)
. Blood sugar (fasting and post prandial), once in 3-6 months
. Serum cholesterol and lipid profile
. ECG to exclude IHD (Ischaemic heart disease), once a year
. Urine for microalbuminuria,every year. Blood urea and S. Creatinine, if indicated
. Retinoscopy, once a year
. Glycosylated Hemoglobin
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats the side effects of ipills
- What are the side effects of forecox
- What is the side effect of piles
- What are the side effects of thiapril
- What are the side effects of dianabol
- What is side effects of neopride
- What are the side effects of tilt
- What are the side effects of navidoxine
- What are the side effects of tripide
- What is biofenac and side effects