• question-icon

What are the side effects of frequent masturbation?

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016 in Men's Health
Question: Hi Doctor,

This question is more on the educational or informative side than an actual health issue.
Is there a risk, for a potential future disease, if one practices masturbation every day? and would the risk increase if the erection ia kept for up to an hour? I read that the standard coitus should be around 15 minutes.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Frequent habitual masturbation can lead to problem of Erectile Dysfunction.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
I would like to answer both the queries posted by you as under
1) Frequent habitual masturbation indulged over many years leads to Erectile Dysfunction .During masturbation one is used to get excessive sexual stimulation of penis due to firm grip of hand which is lacking while doing intra vaginal sexual intercourse with female partner which leads to problem of ED.

2) As regards your query about duration of erection ,There is no standard time that can be set for duration of erection during sex . The sex is considered to be enjoyable when both the partners get orgasm irrespective of time how long it lasts for . If one is able to sustain erection for longer time he can enjoy the sex depending upon the response from his female partner .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist