What are the side effects of anti rabies vaccine?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Vaccinations
Question: I am not sure whether my son had a scratch from monkey or not . Should i go ahead with anti rabies vaccine . Are there any potentially dangerous side effects of the vaccine?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go ahead with vaccination

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr XXXXXX

As you are doubtful about whether there was scratch or not, it is advisable to give benefit of doubt and consider there has been exposure. It is advisable to go ahead with Rabies vaccination. Present generation vero cell cultured vaccine are very SAFE . Also the benefits are more compared to getting Rabies.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 hours later
Should I go for 0,3,7,14 schedule or go for the 28 day also for my child.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Complete immunisation is recommended

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Dear XXXXX

Complete immunisation that is 0 3 7 14 and 28 is recommended.

Best regards
Dr Deepak