What are the side effects of Valium?
Valium should be stopped.
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Diazepam ( Valium) reduces effectiveness of Levodopa in treating Parkinson's.
In addition, some of symptoms you describe could be side effects of Valium, so it needs to be stopped.
Zoloft ( Sertraline) is an antidepressant drug used to treat depression in patients suffering from Parkinson's.
P.S: I don't know the drug VISERAL you mentioned above.
This is my suggestion: switch Valium with Zoloft and let's see how it is going.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
SO BY TAKING VALIUM OR DIAZAPAM WITH LEVODOPA I AM NOT MAXIMIZING THE TREATMENT I COULD BE GETTING
Valium or Diazepam is the same.
Hi and thanks for asking back.
Valium and Diazepam are same thing.
Using it in comcomitant Parkinson's decreases the effects of Levodopa.
Vistaryl ( not visteral) is an antihysraminic drug that has tranquilizer proprieties too.
As I stated before, stop using Valium and switch it to Zoloft.
Let's see how it is going.
Hope this helps. Best regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is chills a side effect of valium?
- Is cough a side effect of valium?
- Side effects of taking valium
- Valium side effects in women
- Is irritability a side effect of valium?
- Ativan vs valium side effects
- Is seizures a side effect of valium?
- Valium suppositories side effects
- Side effects of valium
- Valium common side effects
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?