What are the side effects of Twinlab Mega L-Glutathione and Nac-Acetyl Cysteine?

Question
I will appreciate if you can give me some suggestions like what should be the dosage and what are the side effects for the following oral supplement pills.

Twinlab Mega L-Glutathione 250mg(http://www XXXXXXX com/Twinlab-Mega-L-Glutathione-250mg-Capsules/dp/B000GCAVGK/?tag=0000-20)
Nac-Acetyl Cysteine 600mg(http://www XXXXXXX com/Foods-Nac-Acetyl-Cysteine-600mg-Vcaps/dp/B0013OUQ3S/?tag=0000-20)
-Vitamin C 1000 with XXXXXXX Hips(http://www XXXXXXX com/Natures-Way-Vitamin-1000-Capsules/dp/B003B3OOS2/?tag=0000-20)

Many thanks
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
explained...

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome

Regarding the dosage all three can be started at the minimum dose of 1 tab daily.
However, I would not recommend any of the above meds without any evidence of you requiring such supplements.

I practice evidence based medicine. You can only be safely taking these drugs if you have a documented proven deficiency of the above vitamins and minerals.

Taking supplements for the sake of it can greatly alter your metabolism and produce a range of side effects, as these meds haven't been extensively studied w.r.t side effects and interactions.

I would advise you to consult your primary care physician before starting any meds or supplements.

let me know if you have any query
thanks

Follow-up: What are the side effects of Twinlab Mega L-Glutathione and Nac-Acetyl Cysteine? 12 minutes later
I heard people who wants to stop hairloss or wants to whiten skins take those pills. My skin got a lot darker due to pigmentation. T

If you are advicing to avoid those pills then kindly give me some suggestions like how i can increase glutathione in my body.

Many thank

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
explained

Detailed Answer:
hello again,

For the hair loss you may initially require a change in your shampoo if there is increase dandruff and additional anomaly or scalp infection that is causing the hair fall. Shampoos like Ketovin and/or ciclomin may be started in consult with your doctor who will need to do a clinical exam first.

For your skin issues , a proper face wash like femme care and a sunblock may be advised , if there is significant pigmentation the further investigations may be considered to find the cause.

Glutathione use can be used in male infertility, cystic fibrosis and as a chemotherapy adjunct, other uses are not evidence based.

let me know if you have any other query
Thanks