What are the side effects of Trika?

Posted on Sat, 11 Feb 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What are the side effects of taking Tika 0.5 mg for last several years? How to discontinue it ?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seek alternate methods.

Detailed Answer:

Are you talking about TRIKA (Alprazolam) and not TIKA?

Alprazolam have beneficial effects for short term. Long term affects are quite disturbing like mood swings, loss of appetite, lethargy, difficulty concentrating and sleeplessness.

You should gradually reduce it. You should reduce the frequency then you should reduce the dose to 0.25mg and later to half of it. Finally should not succumb to the withdrawl effects of it, so be determined.

You may need a Professional help for this. You can seek Addiction Medicine specialist opinion or Psychologist who can control your urge to take it when you need it by alternate means. Meantime you should practise how to tackle the issues that you have which makes you take TRIKA.

Let me know if you have questions
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 41 minutes later
Yes. You are correct it is TRIKA 0.5 mg and not TIKA.
I have tried not having it for a day or two and found I had sleepless nights.
The next day experience are more awkward, like, feeling tired cannot work properly and not able to sleep during the day.

How to tackle this addiction and mitigate the withdrawal symptom?

P XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Shift to non addiction medications

Detailed Answer:
THere is no one method to find altenative that can be successful. You have to try alternatives as I said.
I would gradually put the person on Zolpidem or Zolfresh kind of formulas and shift to melatonin gradually with other non drug methods as well.

As I said you need addiction specialist who can guide you tide over the withdrawal symptoms.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 21 hours later
Whether TRIKA 0.5 mg can be taken with FIBATOR 10 mg and Veltum Plus at bed time?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Moderately interacting

Detailed Answer:
Tamsulosin (Veltum Plus) and ALPRAZolam (trika) may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, light head feeling, fainting, changes in pulse or heart rate at least during the initial course of treatment. Sooner you get adjusted to them.

I suggest to avoid them unless your doctor personally recommends.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam