question-icon

What are the side effects of Thyrostim?

Posted on Thu, 22 Dec 2016
Question: What are the side effects of Thyrostim by Biotics Research Corporation?
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Thyrostim provide optimum amounts of iodine to support the thyroid gland.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear user
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

Thyrostim is a diatary supplement and it is indicated for:Hypothyroid symptoms, low pituitary function, fatigue, cold hands and feet, weight loss,some psychological conditions and depression.
This product gives support to the Thyroid gland and the Pituitary gland.
This product has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for these reaseon these products are not meant to treat or cure any disease or medical condition.

You should know that ,in some cases, most especially when the TSH is increased above 8.0, the problem may not correct with supplements alone; hormonal replacement may be required and if you are unable to return the TSH to the normal range after 30-45 days of supplemental support, you will probably require hormonal replacement to normalize your thyroid function.

Potential Side Effects: Rash, digestive problems, itching, nausea, hyperventilation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue.(anyway there are not sufficient data about the side effects of this product so be careful if you use it for long periods of time.

Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me.
Thank you for using HCM.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist