What are the side effects of Tetracycline?
Drink enough water, avoid sun, avoid milk products
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this tropical sprue that you have. I hope this medication gets to treat the condition fully. The following tips would be helpful during and after this period.
1. Tetracycline increases sensitivity to sun and UV rays that causes skin burns. Try and keep away from these source of exposures as much as possible while on treatment. Also, drink enough fluids to mitigate any potential consequences from exposure to radiations and sunburns. Sun screen and protective clothing would also be helpful at preventing sunburns.
2. Do not take iron supplements, multivitamins, calcium supplements, antacids, or laxatives within 2 hours before or after taking tetracycline. These products can make this medicine less effective by reducing the absorption in the guts.
3. Expired tetracycline can cause a dangerous syndrome resulting in damage to the kidneys. Throw away any unused tetracycline when it expires or when it is no longer needed. Do not take this medicine after the expiration date on the label has passed.
4. Eating healthy and exercising regularly are great ways to keep active and healthy.
I hope these help. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats the side effects of ipills
- What are the side effects of thiapril
- Side effects of tetracycline antibiotics
- What are the side effects of dianabol
- Is loss of appetite a side effect of tetracycline?
- What are the side effects of taking tetracycline 500mg
- What are the side effects of tripide
- What is biofenac and side effects
- Tetracycline side effects
- What are the side effects of bismuth subsalicylate, metronidazole, and tetracycline?
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?