What are the side effects of Terazosin?
not a sulfa drug, does have possible side effects
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Prostate enlargement can cause incontinence and terazosin is one of the meds that is used to help with this.
The dose can vary, initially it is 1 mg once daily, this can increase to 5 mg. Some persons take up to 20 mg a day if needed
Taken at night.
The most common effects are dizziness and lack of energy. Other effects can occur but diarrhea or any change in bowel habits are not known effects though persons can react differently to medication.
Other possible effects that may or may not occur include- runny nose (rhinitis), low blood pressure, palpitations, nausea, fatigue, headache, palpitations, back pain,shortness of breath.
These may not occur.
If his blood pressure dropped then this would affect the circulation to the feet and this may have caused the shiny appearance.
It is not a sulfa drug.
If he is not comfortable with the medication, then his doctor can use an alternative such as flomax or proscar.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats the side effects of ipills
- Is dizzinesschest pain a side effect of terazosin?
- What are the side effects of thiapril
- What are the side effects of dianabol
- Terazosin 5mg side effects
- Ic terazosin side effects
- Terazosin side effects in women
- Terazosin side effects
- Terazosin side effects in older
- What are the side effects of tripide