What are the side effects of Seroquel?
Thank You, Ian T Perren, Pharmacist.
confusing the side effects with the original condition is not usual. Seroquel is usually given for various forms of psychosis. Although the drug may cause abnormal thoughts and delirium, the patient is expected to get better after taking it. If a side effect ensues then we would expect the symptoms to be different.
Regarding symptoms like unusual muscle movements, slurred speech, dry mouth, thirst, etc, they are common particularly in the higher doses. Another fairly common side effect is muscle tightness like in Parkinson's disease. Agitation and anxiety are also common.
So in conclusion, this drug is expected to make the original symptoms better. If side effects occur, the symptoms would probably be different than the original ones.
I hope you find my answer helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is confusion a side effect of seroquel?
- Ocular side effects of seroquel
- Is sweating a side effect of seroquel?
- Seroquel xl side effects
- Seroquel side effects for sleep
- Seroquel xr side effects
- Seroquel side effects
- Is drooling a side effect of seroquel?
- Seroquel side effects parkinson
- Bad side effects of seroquel
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?