What are the side effects of Septilin?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Fri, 13 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: My wife and child has lowered immunity. One doctor suggested Septilin syrup for the child and Septilin tablets for wife. They were asked to continue it for three months.

I want to know if there are any side effects for this medicine. Is it safe to continue for 3 months.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reason of lowered immunity should be known.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

It is an ayrvedhik medicine and is known to increase immunity in a person. Usually it does not show much side effects even for prolonged use but you have to follow the dosage told to your by the doctor. Don't exceede the dose specially in case of your doctor.

I would also like you to get to an immunilogist or a rheumatologiat to get a diagnosis to know the reason why they have low immunity, if reasom is found then problem can be solved in a better and more comprehensive way. So i would suggest that even if you want to use herbal medication still visit an immunologist or rheumatologist to have a checkup and workup for reason of the problem.without knowing the reason it can not be treated well.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.