What are the side effects of Remicade?
Thanks for your query.
Remiacde is a monoclonal antibody against TNF-alpha used to treat various autoimmune disorders.This is partially derived from rat and then humanized. Due to this partial human antigen, the body sometimes treats as a foreign protein and shows reactions like fever, weakness, etc.
The constant weakness you are feeling for two months may be related to the destruction of healthy blood cells that it causes.
Before taking your next dose it is advisable that you go for a complete blood picture and if any problem is seen then even a bone marrow analysis may be required.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is sore throat a side effect of remicade?
- Is flushing of the face a side effect of remicade?
- Is cough a side effect of remicade?
- Is difficult or painful urination a side effect of remicade?
- Side effect of remicade
- Is tendon injury a side effect of remicade?
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of remicade?
- Is general feeling of tiredness or weakness a side effect of remicade?
- Is nausea a side effect of remicade?
- Is redness, soreness, or itching skin a side effect of remicade?