What are the side effects of Prolia injection?

Posted on Wed, 3 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am about to have my first injection of Prolia and now I have read the side I am worried. Have you had any experience with this medication and what do you think?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your Query on HCM.

Well madam this is an approved medicine for treatment of osteoporosis and there is nothing to worry . Every patient had different side effect profiles with this medicine but most of the people can tolerate it well .

If you dont tolerate this one Bisphosphonates can be the other class which can be tried namely alendronate. So , I dont think you should have any reservations about using prolia and can go ahead with that.

Dr. Shruti

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist