What are the side effects of Progyluton?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 6 Jan 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I am diagnosed with premature menopause last February. I am 36 and have a 2 year old son. I am now using Proglyton tablets. My doctor said that my chances of getting pregnant is almost zero and even IVF is not an option as the number of eggs is very Low. Is this (to use proglyton for many years and give up on having a second child) the only option? How about the side effects of proglyton?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained in detail

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Are your AMH ( anti mullerian levels ) measured , or even your FSH and LH levels ?
Please let me know the values, as without these hormones, it is not right to put you in the diagnosis of premature menopause.
But if the hormonal levels DO point to premature menopause, then yes, the only option is to use artificial hormone replacement therapy ( in your case - proglyton ) and to consider donor eggs for having a next child.
Side effects of hormone therapy are cumulative, over many years, and even then, recent studies have shown that the benefits ( good bone health, good cardiac health ) outweight possible risks.
Unless you have ominous risk factors such as hypertensive, history of stroke or thrombosis, smoking, obesity , diabetes, malignancies ?
Is this the case ?
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad