What are the side effects of Prednisone?
Need more information.
Welcome to HCM.
I appreciate your concern regarding the safety of prednisone.
Provide me your age,sex,height,weight.
Which purpose you have been prescribed prednisone and for what duration?
Prednisone will usually have no serious side effects if prescribed over a few days course but there are some things to note.However,you may start from next morning as prescribed by your doctor.
Glucose levels will rise particularly in the diabetic population.
The blood pressure may rise particularly in individuals with hypertension.
Patients with glaucoma should be careful because it may affect the pressure inside the eye too.
Other side effects include hypernatremia (high sodium), hypokalemia (low potassium),acidity issues, peptic ulcer worsening,edema & weight gain, thinning of the bones, delayed wound healing etc.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of taking prednisone
- Cellcept and prednisone side effects
- Prednisone and tylenol side effects
- Emotional side effects of prednisone
- Prednisone side effects in women
- Prednisone side effects enamel
- Prednisone side effects in adults
- What are the side effects of prednisone prograf and cellcept
- What are the side effects of prednisone on heart rate
- What are the side effects of taking prednisone on tongue