What are the side effects of Practin and Dexona?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Dear Sir myself XXXXXXX xxxx, I am 25 year 6 month old guy my body is very thin I am only 50 kg now. 6 month ago my weight was 54 kg therefore I started to take Practin Dexona each two tablet daily basis without any guidelines of doctor for gain weight after 45 days I feel that I gain weight but some allergic sign comes out from my body like pimples on face , therefore I immediately stopped to taking this medicine . After that my body gradually goes to down and now I am very thin and my weight reduced to only 50 kg. please guide me what should I have to do now.also give me diet list(vegetarian) suitable to me.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Have to rule out malabsorption syndromes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Malabsorption syndromes and parasites should be ruled out initially. For that you can go for a stool routine examination. Deworming should be done by albendazole yearly once.
Body building exercises will be helpful. You can do this with the help of a gym instructor. As you are a vegetarian you can take milk and milk products. This is good for weight gaining. You can also take soy, potatoes, avocado etc.

Do you have any semi diarrhea (loose stools) after consuming wheat or gluten containing products. ?.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina