What are the side effects of Phexin?
No,phexin does not effect vaccination
Thanks for the query
Phexin is an antibiotic and pertussis vaccine is a type of killed vaccine.
In general way as pertussis vaccine is a killed vaccine antibiotic can not effect it.
There are various studies to see the effect of antibiotic on immune response produced by vaccination.All the studies have found that there is no interaction between these two.Few medications like Steroids and chemotherapy can effect the immune response but not an antibiotic.
An acute illness itself can alter the immune response.That is the reason the vaccination should be avoided.But this is true for severe illness only.Vaccination should not be postponed in mild illnesses like cough/cold,mild diarrhea and ear or urine infection.
So, I won't get worried in this situation as antibiotic has no interaction with the immunisation.
I hope this answers your query
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats the side effects of ipills
- What are the side effects of thiapril
- What are the side effects of dianabol
- Phexin 500 mg side effects
- Side effects of phexin
- Side effects of phexin paediatric drops
- Side effect of phexin in infants
- What are the side effects of tripide
- What is biofenac and side effects
- Cap phexin 500 side effects