What are the side effects of Phenobarbital?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is there a age that Phenobarbital should stop being taken when your older>
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no specific age to stop phenobarbital

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to HealthCareMagic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

Phenobarbital is used all over the world by patients and many use if throughout their lives, there is actually no specific age after which it should be stopped, doctors usually consider two things while stopping it or changing the dose.

1) Symptoms of the patient.
2) Side effects.

If you do not have any change in symptoms and there are no side effects as you told, then there is no reason to stop it, in my opinion you can use the med as long as your doctor recommends you to.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana