What are the side effects of Omnacortil?
I am having Rheumatoid Arthritis for the last 8 yrs. I have been taking its treatment. It was diagnosed after the birth of my first child. i have taken Folitrax, Saaz DS & HCQS. I have even gone for second baby by discontinuing Folitrax and being on Omnacortil. Now I m back on full medication. I m taking 22.5 mg Folitrax weekly, HCQS 300 mg daily, Calcium. I also have thyroid from the time of second pregnancy. Now Rheumetologist suggested me to start with Leflunumide. I want to know whether I should start this and what are the side effects of this medicine.
I think your rheumatologist is right.
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that I think your rheumatologist is doing right by adding leflunomide to your treatment as considering your disease, it seems active . Leflunomide is generally well tolerated but CBC , LFT , RFT needs to be checked regularly . In some patients it can cause loose motions and weight loss rest it is well tolerated medicine . Your treating doctor will take care of this .
Rest any queries please ask but in my opinion your doctor is treating you rightly.
1. Folitrax is now getting less effective or can't the disease be controlled with injection dose
2. My doctor also asked any further plan of third child for which we cannot answer as of now and he has just increased the oral dose of Folitrax from 20mg to 22.5 mg and HCQS from 200mg to 300mg. I m a mother of two daughters and I cannot take any firm decision right now. Will Leflunomide affects the fertility also? If I start with this can I think of another child in future?
3. Is this medical condition prevail like this lifelong.
I m in despair.
Thank you for reverting back.
Truly speaking there is not much of a difference between injectible and oral form , ideally injectable form should be used in cases of oral intolerance .
Rheumatoid arthritis does not have a uniform course and the disease will have flares in between , it cannot be cured it can only be controlled with medications.
If you are planning to conceieve in future , Leflunomide should not be used because it takes two years for the drug to leave the system or else we have to do a washout which is again a cumbersome process . It will not harm your fertility potential but can be risky for the baby. So , you can plan a baby after stopping leflunomide for 2 years , so talk to your doctor regarding the same .
Any other concern please ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Omnacortil suspension side effect
- What for omnacortil used it's side effect
- Omnacortil side effect overcome
- Dealing with omnacortil side effects
- Side effects of omnacortil asteroid
- What are the side effects of omnacortil forte
- Omnacortil side effects
- Omnacortil side effects of medicene
- Side effect of omnacortil steroids
- What are the side effects of omnacortil for chest infection
- Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth?
- Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and weak muscles....
- Undergoing replacement therapy for low IgG. Have pain in chest and foot....
- Child having frequent unconsciousness. Nil observation shown in EEG and...
- Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?
- Having pain, sweating hips and around waist line and legs. Buldging...
- Have ulcerative colitis and taking remicaid infusion therapy. Suggest...
- Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test....
- Should I shave groin hair before going for colonoscopy?
- Having swelling in face, hands, feet and rashes all over body. Had bouts...