What are the side effects of Olmezest?
I am a diabetic with the following medication for the last two years Carbophage 500 xr (1 tab daily)along with Olmezest AM(1 tab daily) for my pressure.Last week after blood tests my fasting is 109 pp is 230 hbA1c at 6.9 and pressure 130/86 and my albumin/creatinin ratio is 31.6.My medication has been changed to Galvus Met 50mg/1000mg once daily and Eritel LN 40 twice daily. . I wud like to know whether the change in medication is ok and if so how it will affect in my treatment? Regards Ms XXXXXXX Dutta
There was no need for the change.
Hii Ms XXXXXXX
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for posting your query.
Well I am not very happy with the change in medication. The reason is any diabetic ( Type 2 Diabetic ) the first choice of medication is Metformin ( Carbophage ) . The maximum dose of this medicine is 2000mg per day. Your were taking only 500mg of Carbophage per day and hence your sugars were slightly high. Instead of changing to Galvus Met ( which by itself is good medicine but costlier than Carbophage ) your doctor could have simply increased the dose of Carbophage and observed your blood sugars and 2-3 weeks .
Second, the change in your pressure medications. Your Blood pressure was fine ( 130/86 ) with Olmezest-Am , there was no need for the change.
I am not telling that the medicines prescribed to you now are inferior to the previous medicines. They are fine but there was no need for the change unless you had any problems/side effects with the previous medications.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effect of long term usage of olmezest
- Contents and side effects of olmezest
- Tab olmezest 40 side effects
- Tri olmezest 40 side effects
- Olmezest h 40 side effects
- Side effects of olmezest
- Olmezest h 20 side effects
- Olmezest side effects sleep
- Side effects of olmezest h tablets
- Tab olmezest am side effect
- Suggest treatment for problem in ejaculation
- What causes rashes while on treatment for laryngitis and fever?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- What causes large pupils and allergy to many drugs?
- What does a creatinine level of 160 suggest?
- What causes choking sensation in throat and difficulty breathing with...
- Suggest treatment for vertigo with vomiting
- What causes weakness in a diabetic and BP patient?
- What causes blood in stools?
- Suggest treatment for blockage in carotid artery