question-icon

What are the side effects of Niftas?

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015
Question: Hi Doc i have been prescribed a course of Niftas tablet twice daily for UTI. The problem is the side effect. I still have dull abdominal pain. is that common?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (55 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Take Pantaprozole with Niftas

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts and urine culture report that you have posted it appears that you have UTI and urine culture has revealed infection due to E-Coli sensitive to Nitrofurantoin .

Nitrofurantoin is known to cause side effect like gastric discomfort ..
Taking H2 receptor antagonist like Pantaprozole along with Niftas will resolve the issue .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist