What are the side effects of Nexito and Etilaam?

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Mental Health
Question: I am taking nexito 5 mg and etilaam pro 10 mg from last 25 days. Initially i felt very nice .but these days problems like anxiety ,fear ,sleeplessness started again. Is there a need to make change in my treatment ??increase or decrease in dose ??
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dose of Nexito can be increased...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I have gone through all the details of your current and previous treatment. Nexito is the brand name of an SSRI anti-depressant / anti-anxiety medication called Escitalopram. Etilaam Pro is a combination medication which consists of Etizolam and Propranolol - which are used to treat anxiety symptoms.

5mg of Nexito is the starting dose and the dose can be increased up to 20 mg as per requirement. So, if you are not having proper relief with the dose of 5 mg of Nexito, then the dose can be increased to 10mg.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar MBBS., DPM., MRCPsych.(U.K.)
Consultant Psychiatrist
Follow up: Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 12 minutes later
Initially i felt very nice but now i am feeling anxious again why it is so ?? I called my doctor he told me to continue with 5 mg only. I have habbit of keeping myself in problems . now i m feeling that i need some strong anti depressant . and i m sure if i change my treatment after some days i ll ask for something else . what is this habbit pattern??? Am i on write track of treatment??
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not indicative of HIV

Detailed Answer:

Hematoma is a blood clot under the skin. This is not a serious problem. It will resolve on its own within a few days.

The rash could be an allergic rash or aa fungal infection. It is not indicative of HIV.

Follow up: Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 32 hours later
good evening sir ,sorry to say but please go through my question again . i am copying it here again my question and your reply . there is some ambiguity .
my question was:-
Q1-I am taking nexito 5 mg and etilaam pro 10 mg from last 25 days. Initially i felt very nice .but these days problems like anxiety ,fear ,sleeplessness started again. Is there a need to make change in my treatment ??increase or decrease in dose ??

ANS-
"Brief Answer:
Dose of Nexito can be increased...

Detailed Answer:

Wish you all the best.

Dr. XXXXXXX Sundarakumar MBBS., DPM., MRCPsych.(U.K.)
Consultant Psychiatrist"

My second question was

Q2-Initially i felt very nice but now i am feeling anxious again why it is so ?? I called my doctor he told me to continue with 5 mg of naxito only. I have habit of keeping myself in problems . now i m feeling that i need some strong anti depressant . and i m sure if i change my treatment after some days i ll ask for something else . what is this habit pattern??? Am i on right track of treatment??

And reply i got is completely irrelevant thats

''Brief Answer:
Not indicative of HIV

Detailed Answer:

Dr. XXXXXXX Sundarakumar MBBS., DPM., MRCPsych.(U.K.)''

please go through my question again and help me out i am writing here it again

Initially i felt very nice but now i am feeling anxious again why it is so ?? I called my doctor he told me to continue with 5 mg only. I have habit of keeping myself in problems . now i m feeling that i need some strong anti depressant . and i m sure if i change my treatment after some days i ll ask for something else . what is this habit pattern??? Am i on right track of treatment??

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to change the anti-depressant now...

Detailed Answer:

Sorry, the answer to another patient's question had got accidentally posted under your query.

It is unwise to change the antidepressant hastily without reaching an adequate dose and waiting for an adequate time period. So, I would not recommend changing your anti-depressant now. You are in the right track of treatment and if your symptoms are still persisting, then the next step should be to increase the dose of Nexito.

One of the reasons for you wavering in your decision about treatment could be your underlying anxiety. However, it is important ignore such anxious or worrisome thoughts and trust your doctor and be positive in your outlook.

Best wishes,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj