What are the side effects of Methylprednisolone?
find the answer below.
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Methylprednisolone is a steroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. It is used to treat many different inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis, allergic disorders, gland (endocrine) disorders, and conditions that affect the skin, eyes, lungs, stomach, nervous system, or blood cells.
Methylprednisolone can weaken your immune system, making it easier for you to get an infection. Steroids can also worsen an infection you already have, or reactivate an infection you recently had. Hence you should tell your doctor about any illness or infection you have had within the past several weeks.
Common side effects of methylprednisolone include:
mild muscle pain or weakness; or
stomach discomfort, bloating etc.. However you need to be vigilant 2 notify your doctor if any of the following side effects occur,
blurred vision, tunnel vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
shortness of breath (even with mild exertion), swelling, rapid weight gain;
severe depression, changes in personality, unusual thoughts or behavior;
new or unusual pain in an arm or leg or in your back;
bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
Coming to your last question, there are no proven evidence to suggest that methylprednisolone should not be taken by stroke victims, hence you can use methylprednisolone.
I hope this helps you
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Is there any study that discourages use of Prozac, does it lead to dementia?
find the answer below.
I appreciate your follow up..
I have read your question and understand your concerns
Trazodone is an antidepressant medicine. It affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with depression. The usual dosage is 100 to 150 mg per day and later 50 mg every 3-4 days as maintenance dose.
You should report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically).
Coming to prozac, a selective serotonin re uptake inhibitor used to treat depression. Its common side effects may include:
sleep problems (insomnia), strange dreams;
headache, dizziness, vision changes;
tremors or shaking, feeling anxious or nervous;
pain, weakness, yawning, tired feeling;
upset stomach, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
dry mouth, sweating, hot flashes;
changes in weight or appetite;
stuffy nose, sinus pain, sore throat, flu symptoms; or
decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
Thus there is no proven evidence to indicate that it causes dementia, but do report to your doctor if you encounter any of the above side effects.
Hope this clarifies your doubts. Revert back to me if you have follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the side effects of methylprednisolone tablets?
- Side effects of methylprednisolone pack
- Methylprednisolone iv side effects
- Side effects of methylprednisolone injection
- Methylprednisolone side effect exercise
- Energy side effects with methylprednisolone
- Is dvt a side effect of methylprednisolone
- What are the side effects of methylprednisolone?
- Methylprednisolone acetate side effects
- Methylprednisolone anger side effects
- What does my ultrasound scan test report indicate?
- What causes drowsiness in a CKD patient after a missed EPO injection?
- Does frequent masturbation cause recurrence of jaundice?
- How long does Suboxone stay in your system?
- Suggest remedies for persistent back pain
- What causes dark discolouration of urine and burning sensation during...
- What are the repercussions of overdosing on Terbinafine?
- Does intake of Dicorate cause weight gain?
- Suggest remedies for rashes in groin area
- Are green stools a cause for concern?