question-icon

What are the side effects of Memantine?

Posted on Fri, 6 May 2016
Question: I have to take medicatio MEMANTINE, for what is it? Wat is the sideeffect?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Alzheimer dementia

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Memantine is a memory drug used in dementia especially of alzheimer disease. It is given upto 20 mg per day in 2 divided doses or 28 mg of slow release in two divided doses.

For side effects, dizziness, confusion, headache, nausea, constipation, cough etc are common. Rest are very less prevalent side effects.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan