What are the side effects of Losartan?
Very safe and well tolerated medicine.
Thanks for posting your query on this forum.
Any drug can cause irritation of gastric mucosa leading to gastritis.Gastritis is a response of mucosa of stomach to an irritant.Any external salt can cause this irritation so the 5% possibilty of gastritis is there with almost every drug available in market.Therefopre most of the medications are usually given with an antacid.
However as per clinical experience losartan potassium is one of the safest anti hypertensives available in market and in practice gastritis or other side effect are seen in less then 0.1% of patients.
Its very frequently used in asian countries and almost never causes any side effects.
In fact after amlodipine its one of the best tolerated anti hypertensive in market.
Thanks you in case you have any other query please do follow up.
I am trying to figure out which angiotensin receptor blocker has few if no side effects since I believe I am allergic to the Potassium salt additive in the pills? Thanks for your help.
Usually the amount of potassium is in traces in these medicine and is not enough to cause allergy or gastritis.
Olmesartan candesartan losartan are all AT1 antagonists and all their potassium derivatives have more or less the same amount of potassium.
The best way to figure out is to try your salt for 3-5 days and to look for any possible adverse effect.
If you feel ok in 5 days it means that you can take it.
No one except the manufacturing company can tell you the exact quanity of additive.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bad side effects of losartan
- What are the side effects of losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide?
- Losartan and hctz side effects
- Amlodipine and losartan side effects
- Losartan coughing side effect
- Losartan hct side effects
- Losartan side effects and skin
- Losartan side effects in men
- Side effects of losartan tablets
- Losartan side effects mucus
- What does the following test report during 18 weeks of pregnancy indicate?
- What are the repercussions of Gabapentin overdose?
- What causes aortic root dilatation while having hypertension?
- What do these following blood reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the sternum area
- What does this following blood report indicate?
- What does this thyroid blood test report indicate?
- What does this echocardiogram report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for soreness and pain in the knees
- Suggest treatment for high cholesterol levels and headaches