What are the side effects of Lidocaine?
Serious side effects expected in case of poor or repeated injections
Hi and thanks for the query
It's true that generally all drugs have side effects. However , local injections of drugs lidocaine and drugs for back pain do not have serious side effects.
It becomes problematic especially when injected poorly directly into the blood vessels , or in excessive doses or when injections are taken more repeatedly than recommended.
I guess the second drug should be a steroid.
taken for a long time can cause gastritis, drug induced diabetes and weight gain.
If you took the drug once , I do not think you need to be worried as concerns any serious side effects.
Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Please, do feel free asking any follow up questions in case of need.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the side effects of lidocaine injection?
- Kenalog and lidocaine side effects
- What are the side effects of lidocaine spray?
- Lidocaine infusion side effects
- Lidocaine patch side effects
- Side effects of lidocaine injection
- Lidocaine toxicity side effects
- Lidocaine epinephrine side effects
- What are the side effects of lidocaine and hydrocortisone gel?
- What are the side effects of lidocaine and prilocaine?
- Taking prilosec. Not anemic. Getting hair fall and muscle pain. What is...
- Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What...
- Took azathioprine for crohn's disease. Trying to conceive. Should I stop...
- Having night sweats, swelling on neck and fever. What is the cause?
- Took AKT 2 during pregnancy. Baby and mother has ABO incompatibility....
- Taking flagyl metronidazole. Started getting headache. Side effect of...
- Have twisted spine, IBS and pain all over body. Taking clonazepam. Any...
- Have had tachycardia. Getting headache and nausea if cloth are tight...
- Child has low grade fever and puffy eyes. Mono test negative. What's wrong?
- Suffering from cold. History of ectopic heartbeats. Are they related?