question-icon

What are the side effects of Klonopin?

Posted on Wed, 13 May 2015
Question: I just started taking 10ml of lexapro. I also take, thyroid (low) .88ml, vyvanse 40ml., 1 mg klonopin at night. Goal is to discontinue klonopin. Any suggestions? Diagnosis ADD/anxiety.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It is okay to stop Klonopin.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.

Vyvanse covers the ADD disorder, Lexapro covers the anxiety disorder, so there is no more need to use Klonopin.

Remember Klonopin needs to be stopped gradually ( tapered), if it is stopped immediately can have adverse effects on your health.

Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical