What are the side effects of Ipill?

Posted on Tue, 4 Aug 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: thank you doctor,
I wanted to ask that there won't be any side effects of I pill?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Deranged periods is a common side effect

Detailed Answer:
Ipill if taken once in a while like once in a year or so as purely an emergency contraception like in case of condom rupture or slippage then usually there is nothing to worry.
Most common side effect of ipill is deranged periods because of the hormones contained in pill which gets normalized in couple of months only
In some patients at times it can cause ectopic tubal pregnancy which is a surgical emergency so it is advised to have a guarded use of the emergency pill.
But in general these effects are less common in case it is used only in emergency cases once in a while.
In case you have any questions in future you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN