What are the side effects of I-pill?

Posted on Sat, 20 Jun 2015 in Birth Control
Question: Hi..me n my bf had sex on d first day of my periods..though we had a protected sex..there was some sliping of condom ..he ejaculatef inside d condom..but then i had a ipill within an hour..my periods lasted for 7-8 days...can there be a chance of being pregnant? i feel very nauseatic these days..though i dont vomit...is this d effect of pill?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Having sex on the very first day of period does not cause a pregnancy even if your boy friend has ejaculated inside. This is an infertile period of the cycle. Also you have taken I-pill within an hour. The chances of pregnancy are almost zero. The nausea that you are feeling can be due to the effect of the pill or gastritis. Taking an antacid and medicines like domperidone can help.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks a lot doctor.Plz advice me on the oral pills as i have heard its not good to takr thrm often moreover am being unmarried and of age 25 .Another thing is plz advice me ,if after having proyected sex, somehow if some sperms get inside my vagina with my hands while washing off myself (my hands which might have some sperms stuck on it by touching the condom while removing it etc)can there be any chance of pregnancy even if i wash off myself well??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should take oral pills.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Oral pills are the safest and surest way to protect you from unwanted pregnancy. You can take the pills after getting these prescribed from your gynecologist. These can be taken for 3-5 years continuously on monthly basis.
Even if you wash the area properly even then the chances of pregnancy are there from precum or the sperms on your hands. This is not a sure way of protection.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 days later
Hi Doc...i am having some very light bleeding since yesterday...its normal like periods bleeding color only...too low..but its continuing..can this be the pill effect which i took on 16th ? as this time is supposed to be my ovulation time as i had my periods day 1 on 15th may ... i didnt have any sex after16 th may...please help...am tensed
..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Due to I-pill.

Detailed Answer:
The bleeding that you are having now is due to the effect of I-pill. It can cause an irregular bleeding. Your normal periods may also be delayed for a week. This is not due to pregnancy. Please do not worry.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN