What are the side effects of Hyaluronic Acid Injections?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I take Hydroxyz 1xtwice daily @ 25MG. I am having knee injections at 11am and have not taken any this morn, will Hyaluronic acid cause a side effect? Will it help me relax?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I want to know little detail of the illness

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I have studied your case but I want to know little detail of the illness.
1.Tell me correctly the new of your medicine.
2.what are your symptoms at present? How much knee pain?
3.How many injections given in knee joint of hyaluronic acid?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you. Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 4 days later

The name of my medicine is Hydroxyz HCL 25mg.
I have OA in both knees. On a scale of 1-10, pain = 8.
I Have had 1 shot in both knees and I am scheduled for two more in each knee over two weeks.
I don't understand why the medicine didn't work as it does when I go to dentist. It makes me calm and I don't have a panic attack.
This time I could not relax and it didn't keep the panic attack away.
Should I ask the doc for a different medicine? Or increase my dose?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take Alprax or xanax

Detailed Answer:
Hello
You can ask your doctor to advise Xanax or Alprax. These are good medicine for such anxiety. You can ask your doctor for some other alternative also.
You can also ask your ortho doctor to use local anesthetic like xylocaine with hyaluronic acid.
Thanks