What are the side effects of Gynaset on developing foetus?

Question
hi,

I went to the gynecologist for not getting period for the past 2 months. Dr gave me gynaset tablet and ask me to take for 5 days without take pregnancy test. i took the tablet for 2 days and take some dolo 650 and tablets for cold. 3rd day i had vomiting sensation and i checked pregnancy test it comes positive.

Will the tablets i took will affect my fetus.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
Thanks for writing.
The tablet gynaset is not dangerous if taken accidentally. Same for dolo and any medicine for cold. We see a lot of cases like yours in practice where patients have taken gynaset without knowing they are pregnant.
There are no significant side effects.
You can continue the pregnancy.
Please get a anomaly ultrasound done at 20 weeks of pregnancy just to check that the baby is ok.
Please write back if you have any questions.
Thanks
Dr XXXXXXX