What are the side effects of Femilon?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I am taken femilon tablets last 15 days
My nails goes to color change in blue the femilon tablets is safe

What is the other side effects from femilon tablets
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get clinical evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Venous inflammation is a side effect of the pills and hence, I would ask you to report this to your health care provider and get the necessary management. Color change in the nails should be assessed properly.

The pills are usually considered safer owing to the lower estrogen content in them.

Some of the other side effects of the pills are abnormal menstrual pattern including breakthrough bleeding and inter-menstrual bleeding, vision and auditory disturbances, breast engorgement and tenderness, allergies, headache, nausea and vomiting, while the more serious ones include thromboembolic manifestations, liver and gastric disorders, tumors, seizures.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad