What are the side effects of Eption and Torleva?

General Surgeon
Question
hi
i am using eption 100 Daily morning 2 and night2 along with torleva 500 from last 7 years what is the solution to reduse the dose and what is the side effect
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below answer

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Eptoin and torleva dose reduced in 2 conditions. One is when you are completely free from fits attack . Second is you have severe side effects and want to switch to other drug.

If such a patient comes to me I suggest for both drugs a reduction of 20% dose over 4 weeks.
I would suggest you to consult your doctor and get the dose reducing chart which will be made depending on your condition and follow accordingly.

Dose reduction should be done under monitor because when you start reducing you may start getting giddiness or fits attack or may feel confused and inactive(side effects).

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil

Follow-up: What are the side effects of Eption and Torleva? 7 hours later
1. dosage has been guided as first three days 100mg eptoin 1 morning and torleva250mg and 100mg eptoin 2 and torleva 500 mg night.

2.100mg eptoin1 750mg torleva morning and 2 eptoin 100mg and Torleva 500mg for five days.

3. 1g[1[1000mg] torleva morning 100 mg eptoin 1 and torleva750mg night for 5 days.
4.1g torleva morning and torleva 1000mg[1gram] night continue.

5. Review after 18 months .

above is the doctor neuro physician advice what is my health status,
please give an advice whether to continue or to consult any other doctor advice me a specialist if necessury on fits of gidiness in me

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
continue

Detailed Answer:

Your doctor is changing your drug from eptoin to torleva as you are facing more side effects with eptoin.

The regimine you are following is standard which Is followed to switch from one drug to another drug.

Torleva has less side effects compared to eptoin. Once course of torleva is finished it would be tappered and stopped. Your condition seems to be stable.

I suggest you to continue this and consult your doctor if you develop side effects of torleva like skin itching, drowsiness, depression etc. These side effects are less common.

Neurophysician is itself a superspeciality branch dealing with fits(seizures) problem. As such there is less need of searching more specialist in this field .

Hope I have answered your query .

Dr.Deepika Patil