What are the side effects of Doxycycline?

Posted on Sat, 6 Sep 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What are the side effects of doxycycline if its perscribed for someone with chlamydia?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
anaphylaxis is potential side effect

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

The side effects of doxycycline would be nausea, Gastrointestinal upsets, glossitis, dysphagia, reduced blood counts, photosensitivity, anaphylaxis.

Permanent staining of teeth can occur if taken for longer duration.

Hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Shanthi.E 8 hours later
how long does it take doxycycline to clear up chlamydia?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
2 weeks

Detailed Answer:

It takes a minimum of 2 weeks to clear up the Chlamydia. Sometimes, it may take up to 3 weeks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Shanthi.E 59 minutes later
m doctor prescribed me the other medication to clear up chlamydia im not sure how to spell it off the top of my head and i took the four pills and then my symptoms came back and then she put me on the doxycycline. do you think that this will clear it up officially?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes, it will

Detailed Answer:

Yes, doxycycline for a minimum of 2 weeks would definitely clear up the chlamydial infection.

A 3 weeks course would be better too.

Get well soon.
Dr. Shanthi.E