What are the side effects of Dolonex?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Sir, my wife is having undergone icsi treatment in last week. Doctor given dolonex 20 mg tablet. Is it safe to take.She has taken for 7 days
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow as already advised by your doctor..

Detailed Answer:
Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxx Welcome to HCM,

I've gone through your query and understand your concern for your wife..

Now let me inform you at first that Dolonex or Piroxicam is being advised by the infertility specialists and gynecologists specifically after a procedure like ICSI/IVF as there is a chance of better outcome after this(debatable fact but still undergoing lot of researches in this aspect)..

I do believe that you doctor has advised it for the same purpose only..so please have faith in the treatment..

Since she has already taken it you can consult your doctor regarding further prolongation of it and if yes then the expected duration of treatment..

Regarding safety, here benefit of piroxicam use actually outweighs the risk that's why it's usually prescribed, you can simply go ahead and discuss this with your doctor..

Standard risk of NSAIDs is definitely there, so make sure she's having a good liver function, drinks plenty of water, shouldn't take it in empty stomach etc.

Let me know if there's any further queries, i'll be glad to clarify..

Congratulation, and best of luck to you both..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee